Access All of Our FREE Resources!
Subscribe to our newsletter to instantly gain access to all our free resources so you can start growing your business today!
Scroll down for the rest of the pagekeyboard_arrow_down
Scroll down for the rest of the pagekeyboard_arrow_down
If your business isn’t on Instagram, you need to go join now. According to Hootsuite, “75% of Instagram users take action, such as visiting a website, after looking at an Instagram advertising post.”
Instagram has very engaged users. If you’re not using it, you’re leaving money on the table.
Instagram’s multiple photos feature allows you to post up to ten photos or videos in one Instagram post. Followers then swipe through the photos to view them.
Two years ago, the company introduced this feature for advertisers, and said that they might make it available to everyone in the future.
Well, that future is here. If you don’t have this feature yet, keep an eye out as it’s rolled out to all users over the next few weeks.
Don’t miss our bonus tip at the bottom of the post that can increase customer loyalty!
Here’s the step-by-step process you’ll need to follow to use multiple photos and videos in your Instagram posts.
After clicking the Add Photo icon in the menu bar, you’ll see an option that says Select Multiple. Tap that.
Select a combination of up to ten photos and videos. To deselect a photo, simply re-tap it.
The photos will show up in the order you’ve selected them. Each photo will have a number to show its order in the photo set.
After selecting your photos, click next. You then have the option of changing the order of the photos. To do this, simply tap the picture you want to move, hold, and drag it to its proper place.
When you’ve clicked and held on a specific photo, a trash can icon also shows up. Use that to remove a photo from the post.
A feature that we especially like is the filtering option. You can tap the photos one by one and apply different filters to each.
Or, if you haven’t selected any photos, choosing a filter will apply it to all the photos at once.
You can also edit the photos individually or as a group. Everything else works the same as with regular posts, so you’re all set!
When someone that you follow has used Instagram’s multiple photos feature, Instagram will give you a little hint that there are multiple photos – “swipe for more” will appear at the bottom of the initial image. Eventually, this hint will go away.
You can also tell that a photo has multiple images because you’ll notice a series of blue and white dots underneath the photo, the signal to swipe.
Aside from having multiple pictures, a photo set still functions as a single post.
All of the images and videos share a single caption, a location tag, and likes and comments. Make sure that it’s all accurate!
Again, if you aren’t given the option to post multiple photos or videos yet, don’t worry. The option will be rolled out to all users over the next few weeks.
Instagram’s multiple photos feature can help define your brand image.
People should be able to glance at your Instagram account and immediately know who you are and what you do.
For example, if you primarily sell clothing but want to show off a shipment of jewelry, you may not want to post ten separate photos of necklaces.
Don’t give people the wrong impression of what you do.
Check out how lifestyle brand Wish You Were Northwest uses the same filter on most of their photos, evoking the misty fog of the Pacific Northwest.
Consistency in your brand image on Instagram is very important. Using specific colors or filters helps followers associate those with you, and you’ll stand out more.
You can use photosets to help your company stand out.
It’s true, if you want to post multiple photos, you can just post multiple individual photos.
But think about the novelty this new multiple photos feature brings to Instagram.
Here are 13 creative ways to use Instagram’s new feature to grow your business.
1. Photographers: Use photo carousels to share photo albums. You may not want your entire on-screen feed to feature only one photoshoot. Instagram photo sets help you share all of the photos while keeping your feed fresh and exciting.
2. Food bloggers: Show the step-by-step process of making a new recipe. Post the recipe as a caption, or use the photo set as a teaser to draw audiences to your website.
3. Create a how-to photo set. Use this to walk your followers through the steps involved in using your product or service.
4. Show off a new line of clothing or jewelry in a photo set. This is especially handy for seasonal items, such as swimsuits, or featured and sales items.
5. Feature your partners. The TriCities Chamber of Commerce in Coquitlam does a great job of using multiple Instagram photos to feature their local business ambassadors. The single comment gives information about an upcoming event featuring those ambassadors, while each individual photo shares the person’s name, photo, and a quote.
6. Show off a series of artwork. This allows followers to get an overview of your work, and delve deeper into the pieces or series that strike them the most.
7. Feature your employees or a particular team. Instagram’s multiple photos feature makes it easy to highlight a leading sales team, or employees of the month.
8. Share a featured or seasonal menu. The slow reveal builds excitement, and it keeps your feed organized.
9. Get readers excited about your new book. Share photos of a few particularly exciting pages or paragraphs, and end on a cliffhanger!
Another makeover finished! Well almost 😉 Still have to finish the waxing and apply a varnish today the top. Eeeek! She is so pretty! Swipe to see more 😊 Happy happy ❤🙌🏼❤️ #happy #glam #gold #vintage #makeover #dresser #paint #redo #chalkpaint #repaint #furnituremakeover #oldisnewagain #glam #rescue #save #fitmom #creativity #fitn40something #reno #homedecor #instagram #instagood #instalike
10. Show before and after pictures. Show before and afters of your killer haircuts! Share the progress of your weight loss clients. Brag about how nice a client’s yard looks after your landscaping work!
11. Show off the steps of your product or service. Show us how you install in-ground swimming pools. Demonstrate how to set up your app after it has been installed.
12. Make announcements or do big reveals. Use multiple photos and videos to tease and reveal exciting information.
13. Let your followers vote. Share multiple photos in a set and ask your follower to “vote” on their favorite by posting a comment. Let them pick your weekly specials or the subject of your next blog post. This allows you to get quality feedback from engaged followers, and it gives customers a sense of ownership.
Using Instagram’s multiple photos feature not only pulls your customers in, but it also allows you to go deeper.
Photo sets allow your potential clients to not only see what you do, but also see the quality that you put into what you do.
It’s like getting a behind-the-scenes look at your business. This grabs your customers’ interest and leads to more engagement.
Reward your followers for being engaged! Hide a discount or a coupon code in one of those photo carousels!
Your followers will feel valued and appreciated when you reward them for checking beyond that first post. You’ll gain engagement with your customers – and more sales!
And as word spreads about your “hidden” discounts, more followers will start making sure they check beyond your first photo! Your engagement and sales could grow exponentially with this method!